Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fun With Oma and Grandpa Wade!

Hello, blogosphere!  Long time, no see.  I've been busy, first getting ready for my mom's visit, and then enjoying her company while she was here.   We spent the first half of her week-long visit just hanging around the house, playing, going for walks, thrifting, that sort of thing.

Skyping with Aunt Alanna and Veronica.

reading at bed time

evening play time

We went for a walk through our neighborhood, and discovered that they'd replaced the old playground.

Kaylie loves Nutella, and play dough during Kaylie's nap

fun at Chuck E. Cheese's
Momma wanted pictures of the girls in their dress-up stuff, so we did another photo session.
 I love thrifting, but thrifting with my mom is the best.  We left the girls with Grandpa Wade for the morning, and went to the Family Day sale at the Salvation Army around the corner, where all clothing, linens, shoes and accessories are 50% off on Wednesdays--family day.  Here's my haul:


There's a black halter dress, a turquoise strapless tunic top (or, if I'm feeling very, very brave, a strapless dress), a brown shirt to convert into a shrug, a non-mini denim skirt, a longer pair of denim shorts, a pair of corduroy pants, and 3 pairs of shoes: black and brown heels, camel wedge heels, and black ballet flats.  Not pictured are my olive green halter, the little shorts I got for Kaylie, the Little Mermaid sheets I got for Elora, and the spatula, wooden spoon and potato masher I got for use with play dough, or Elora's kitchen.  And I only spent $24.50.   WOOT! 


No comments:

Post a Comment