Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spring!

I don't know when it happened, but everything is green again. I've gotten used the area, and I'm now to the point where I look with out seeing what's around me. But on the way home a few weeks ago, I looked--really looked-- at the passing countryside, and it was green! No more of the drab browns and grays of winter, but the bright crisp green of new growth littered here and there with little white and yellow flowers.

Now, that bright green has deepened to a more lush shade, and the flowers have grown riotous. Everywhere I look, there are flowers blooming. It seems that every in our little town is a gardener... They all have these lovely well tended lawns. The picture is of a tree in my neighbor's yard. I see it out the window every time I go upstairs, and it is just beautiful. Their whole yard is beautiful. It's a nice view, I just wish it was outside my kitchen, where I could see it more often.

On the way to and from work every day, I pass fields of tall yellow flowers. They must be some sort of crop, because they are planted in neat rows, but it's still beautiful. (If I can get a picture of them, I'll add it later.) And, the weather is starting to warm up as well. It has been in the 70's for the past week!!! I'm so excited. I hope this weather holds...and not just because we finally have the bike registered. I am loving the sunshine, it was missing for so long. I want it to stay!

Spring-- wonderful, beautiful, blessed spring-- is finally here!!

2 comments:

  1. Same sort of thing happened in our house! Behind our house is a wild VERY GREEN jungle in the spring and summer or an ugly brown forest so sparse you can see through to stuff we had no idea was behind our house in the winter! So now it's very green and full and you can't see deeper than a couple of trees. It's beautiful and it all happened in about one week. I love Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny... I looked again at that tree about a week after I had taken the picture, and ALL the flowers were gone! It's crazy how fast that kind of thing happens.

    ReplyDelete