Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lessons Learned

I learned these things yesterday:

1) The doorway leading into my living room is wider than any other doorway in my home.  So, the baby gate I ordered fits every doorway but the one I ordered it to guard.  But, it'll work out.  We can use this one upstairs, for my craft room doorway, and we'll get another one--with the extension kit--for the living room.

2) My bookshelves are not as wide as I thought they were.  The bins I ordered to store Elora's toys in do not fit side by side on a single shelf, as I had planned.  This isn't a problem at all, though.  I have 2 bins, and 2 bookcases. It works out well. Here's one of them:

3)  Peeling grapes is a royal pain in the rear end.  The best part?  Elora only ate half of them.

4) The BBC version of Pride & Prejudice does not follow the book exactly, as I thought it did.

5) I can now make digi papers. 
 Ok, so it's not so much something I learned, but something I did.  This is what I started with:
 and I came up with these:

What do you think?  I know they're not perfect, but I'm thinking it's not too bad for my first try.  The original designs came out of a picture frame I bought.  I thought they were pretty, so I scanned them in to play with them.  For the 3 with textures, I used textures that I downloaded from here.  Now, what else can I do with these?

4 comments:

  1. If you freeze the grapes and then run water over them the peels will come off easily. Elora might like them frozen. You should try it would make things easier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elora just cracks me up she is so cute! The papers are really nice! I would cover a book with them cause I don't know how to scrap, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peeling grapes? dedicated mama! the papers are pretty, I'd make paper gift boxes from them, cuz that's pretty much all I do with paper, or make cards... figures about the gate and the bins, it is, after all, murphy's law!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the paper... what to do with it hmmmm... make garland for eloras room?

    ReplyDelete