Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Potty Training Progress

So, does anyone remember this post?  I ordered that potty almost 2 years ago.  Man, did I ever jump that gun.  She's been aware of the potty process for that long, which is cool, but she definitely was not ready.  Every so often, we've been testing out the potty-training waters, just to see where she's at.  We've experimented with the  pull-up diapers, and the big girl undies. At some point I decided to stop pushing.  As my  MIL pointed out to me, she is not going to be walking into kindergarten in diapers, so why not let her come to it in her own time?  I ask her a couple of times a day if she needs to use the potty, and make a big deal about it when she does, but I haven't pushed it.

She is sitting on her little potty here, but out of respect for the teenager she will one day be, I cropped them .  You can still see how pleased she is with herself.  PS: Future Elora, you have your father to thank for this consideration.  :)
This past week or so, though, she's been coming to me to tell me that she has to potty!!  Yesterday, she asked to go to the potty no fewer than 7 times!  And today, she told me that she needed to potty while we were at Target, but I was unprepared, so I told her she'd have to wait until we got home...and she did!  I hadn't expected her to be able to hold it, but when we got home 20 or 30 minutes later she asked again to use the potty, and her diaper was still completely dry!  I am so excited, and so proud.  We're getting there.  :)


Oh, and Kaylie has said bye-bye to mushy baby foods.  Now she's eating whole foods with the rest of us.  




5 comments:

  1. ya! And if I may offer some unsolicited advice: don't push the night time training. I can only tell you what has worked for us.

    Both girls got the day time training under control and wore night time diapers. i never once woke either of them up to pee at night like some of the training methods suggest. They just stopped peeing at night. BOTH of them. Ava still wears a night pull up and has been day potty trained since end of summer. She rarely ever pees in the night one. But I still make her wear it every night just in case. But if I put it on her and she has to pee she will go pee in the potty not her diaper. again, we never pushed the night training. One thing at a time and the day training is waaaayyyy more important than night training. I know Kelly used to wake Ethan up at night several times a night for his night training. So you might want to talk to her about why she had to. I know everyone is different but just wanted you to know how we handled the night time training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going well!

    They are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO remember that post!!! Yay Elora for making progress! How exciting!

    Still, I can't help but think about the crappypictures post on public pottying. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome... I can't wait for micah to be potty trained...

    ReplyDelete