Saturday, September 18, 2010

Delays

Our return to the States has been delayed twice now (more on why later) so we are settling in for a bit longer here in Germany.  The internet connection at our current hotel is not the greatest, but I do have some pictures to share so I'll give it a try.  I'm having problems with my PSE, too, so they're all completely unedited, but oh well.


These are from before we left the Marriott, about a week and a half ago.  I had to practically hold her down to do it, but I finally managed to get her hair into pig tails for the first time ever.  I love it, and I have since purchased colorful little hair ties for her, but I haven't been able to manage a repeat performance. 


This is the view from our new hotel.  It is a significant improvement over the view from our window at the Marriott, which was the roof of the rather industrial looking building next door, but in all other things, we rather wish we were back at the larger hotel.  We looked into transferring back, but no luck.  We didn't even know we would be delayed again until less than 24 hours before we were supposed to get on the plane, so we had to scramble for accommodations at the last minute and everything was full.  Does anyone in this area know what's going over the next 2 weeks, that all the better hotels are booked solid?  Is it the Stuttgart Oktoberfest thing?  At least this hotel had a cancellation and we were able to just stay where we've been.


See Brandon and Elora in this one?  They kind of scared me a bit, standing up on the wall like that.  These are a few more pics from the area immediately around the hotel.  It really is a pretty little area, with plenty of restaurants within a 2 or 3 minute walk. 


And this was the other morning, when Brandon and Elora were both being sleepy heads.  I love my little fambly.

Anyway, it looks like I am going to have quite a bit of time on my hands, so I need to see about getting my PSE working again.  Then I could at least get some digiscrapping done.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Omg I'd be insane by now! How are you keeping elora entertained? At least it isn't winter??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry!!! Hope you continue looking for the fun stuff while this is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting and waiting for you to put it in ponytails:0 I used to threaten emily that she couldn't go outside unless I did her hair (or wore a hat in the winter) and that's how I got her to do it! Ava fought me hard but I've won that battle:)
    I hope everything gets better soon and they let you go home.

    ReplyDelete