Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When We Get Back to the States...

 Living in Germany has been an amazing experience, and in some ways, I am sad to see it end.  For the most part though, I am INSANELY excited to be returning to the country of my birth.  Here are just a few of the reasons why...

...we will have fast internet.  (There are so many reasons that this is exciting for us, I can't even begin to name them all.)

...we will be in the same time zone as the rest of our immediate family, and most of our friends.  (And we'll be a heck of a lot closer to the rest, too.)

...I will be able to download books directly to my Kindle without paying an international fee.


...I will be living within only a few miles of my friend Rebekah.

...we won't have to worry about the dollar-to-euro conversion any more.

...I will be able to open my Etsy shop, without worrying about international shipping.

...we will speak the same language as most of the other residents.

...WE WILL NEVER AGAIN HAVE TO INTERACT WITH THE DREHERS IN ANY WAY.

...we will be starting another chapter in our lives.  This, I think, is the best part.  :)

Almost there!

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting! You'll have the best worst landlord stories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you speak spanish??

    haha

    Good luck with your move it is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, your comment made me laugh!

    I have a list too. The pros and cons of living in germany. My list (the negative part) is a little more...negative. Like the "nuts to butts" thing when standing in lines. Ever heard of personal space?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to live in another country for a year, its on my bucket list... three years I dont know if I could. But yea to be coming home!

    ReplyDelete