Monday, August 11, 2008

Angelbachtal Medieval Faire




We went to a ren fest in Angelbachtal yesterday. Had a lot of fun, too. It was only about an hour away, and Peguy and Neil went with us. It was great! Of course, Bran got bored about an hour after we got there, but we appeased him with cotton candy and candied pistachios, and everything was cool.

The thing I liked best is that there were a lot of people in period clothing, showing how things were done 6 or 700 years ago. I took a ton of pictures of those guys... Well, the craftsmen anyway. There were also a lot of people just sitting around outside their tents, smoking pipes, or cooking or whatever. I just thought it was neat, because the last (and only other) ren fest I went to, there were shows and booths set up for shopping and, but none of the period demos. It was disappointing, though, because they had neither the big juicy turkey legs that I had been so looking forward to, nor a henna artist. We ate spatzle and crepes instead. And Peguy got a big hunk of pork that they carved right off of a pig on a spit.

We stayed until time for the Joust at 2, but didn't start toward the field until about 10 minutes before, and there wasn't even any standing room left, with a view of the field. Brandon could see, but none of the rest of us could. We stayed for a bit. Bran put me up on his shoulders a coulple fo times, so I could see what was going on, but we finally decided to just go. It promised to be a long show, and I knew bran couldn't hold me on his shoulders for that long and it would have been rude to Peg and Neil anyway. And, did I mention that by that time my feet were killing me? My black flip flops just are not cutting it.

Anyway, we headed back toward the car and got the stone carver to take a pic of the 4 of us on the way out. Bran and I both fell asleep on the way back to Peguy's to get our car, so we decided to justhead on home and be lazy instead of hanging around to play wii with them. It was a good day... We only spent about 60 euros on everything: admission, food, souveniers. Not bad, right?
I thought it was pretty good.

I'm going shopping with Mary this morning, yay! After the week she had last week, I figured she could use some fun girl time, and I want to start scooping up maternity clothes anyway. Wish us luck!! This afternoon I have my second ultrasound. Stay tuned for the latest breaking news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment