Monday, September 8, 2008

Prego Update

I had another check up today, which means another sonogram. As uncomfortable as they are at this stage, I was still really excited about getting to see the baby again. So much has changed in the past 3 weeks! He (I refuse to call him an "it" so I just picked something) has developed to the point that he looks just like a teeny tiny baby now. (Yes, I know that's what he is, you know what I mean!) We could see the eyes, the nose, the mouth, his little arms and legs... And, in addition to seeing the heart beat again, we saw him waving his little arms around at us. Amazing! Absolutely amazing! I won't go on, because I will just start to repeat myself, and by the end of my pregnancy you will all be screaming at me to shut up about what a profoundly moving and humbling experience it is. And then I would cry, because I'm pregnant and that's what pregnant women do. So I'll just say that it was a genuinely awe-some experience, and hush.

1 comment: