Sunday, September 7, 2008

What do I have to show for the weekend?

Just this!
With the help of a couple of friends and their SUV, Brandon and I went Saturday to get the bed (and a new desk chair for me) from Ikea. The whole thing took the better part of 3 hours, and we didn't even do any browsing! And, of course, that doesn't count the time it took to put the silly thing together. Which was fun, by the way. So, pretty much all of Saturday was devoted to das bett and the associated chores. As you can see, I was able to get at least part of the room cleaned up. We even decided to sleep in the new bed last night, just to enjoy the fruits of our labors. Well, I slept last night. Brandon didn't come to bed until I was getting up.

What you can't see are all the plastic bags full of stuff that I have yet to go through and organize. Or the very cluttered work table where I do all of my bead work, which desperately needs to be cleaned off and organized. There is still so much to do! Well, at least we got all of the trash from the packing materials out of the house today. Along with all of the empty glass and plastic bottles that have been allowed to accrue for over a month. I'll get to the rest eventually...

2 comments:

  1. I love having a guest room. Yours looks really good! Though I think you make a quilt... no time? Yeah, I know.

    ReplyDelete