Monday, July 26, 2010

Thank You's

Your regularly scheduled blog content has been postponed due to the following.   The "US Vacation" series will continue where it left off, with the next posting.  This was more important.  :)
 
When Elora was only about 4 months old, we got a huge box of goodies from Mommom.  There was a bear for her room, a whole pile of books, and a sweet little baby doll that was bigger than Elora herself.  So, I set the baby doll up in a little doll-sized wicker chair on her dresser, and there she's stayed until recently.  It occurred to me as I was dusting that Elora is big enough to play with her now, so I got the baby down and presented her to Elora.  I showed her to rock the baby, and pat her back, and to give the baby kisses.  She took to her immediately, mimicking everything I'd shown her.  I know I thanked you before, Mommom, but I wanted to thank you again for the wonderful baby doll, now that she's actually had a chance to enjoy her.


I went by the shop on Thursday to say hello, to do a bit of shopping, and to lend a hand.  (Seriously, I just can't stay away.)  Corinnea had mentioned that she had something for me, and I thought for sure it was the apron she said she'd make for me.  I was stoked about the apron, but as it turns out, I was wrong-- she'd made something else entirely!  You should have seen the look of glee on her face when I guessed wrong, and this is why.


She presented it to me and I squealed and jumped up and down and squealed some more.  I'd seen the one that she made for Baby MAC, and I fell in love with that one as soon as I saw it.  But she made this one for my baby!  I definitely wasn't expecting it, I'd forgotten all about the Pay It Forward thing.  I can't remember if I ever did mine or not.  (I need to go back and look at that post, and make sure that I took care of my people.)

Anyway, Elora loves it too.


I put it on her to take the pictures, and she didn't want me to take it off.  She played for nearly an hour with it on her back, and every time I looked at her I cracked up.  So thank you, Corinnea, for thinking of my little girl, and for taking the time to make her something so sweet.  You really made my day.  ^_^

7 comments:

  1. AGH! So much cuteness in one post! First off favorite is the top left pic in the collage with her carrying the baby. I LOVE the look on her face! What a good little mommy!
    The bag is SOOO cute! Those fabrics totally look like you! I just got mine in the mail and it is soo cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you and she like it! Thanks for posting the photos especially since I didn't really take any of it finished. It's great to have some with her enjoying it!
    The pics of her with the baby doll are precious! What a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Christmas in July! Seriously! :) Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! That back pack is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The backpack could be her diaper bag....
    The photos are awesome! Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWWWW,she loves her baby. The photo with her back pack tooo cute. Love her curls ;)

    ReplyDelete