Saturday, June 30, 2012

Brandon's CA Vacation

You may have noticed that Brandon did not feature in any of our stay-cation photos.  That's because he was  on vacation in California for a week, for our friends' wedding, but now he's back!!  YAY!   Our home just wasn't the same without him.  And I am totally jealous that he got to go, and I didn't.  It got worse when I started seeing pictures.  Although, they started the trip off by going sky diving in Monterrey Bay, and I am so glad I wasn't there for that.




The pier at Santa Cruz, between Monterrey and San Francisco.



The sea lions were just right there, hanging out under the pier.

San Francisco.


The Golden Gate Bridge.



these guys have been friends since high school---and our 10 year reunion was this month.

The redwoods.




Goat Rock and Jenner Point, near the mouth of the Russian River.









The wedding.


 Oh, holy cow, the wedding.


They looked amazing, naturally.  You won't find many girls prettier than Sam is.  Put her in her wedding finery, and she belongs in a magazine.  (You should probably know that she made that bouquet, and those roses are made from the pages of a romance novel.)

from the photographer's FB: corrine krough photography
Her new husband is pretty easy on the eyes, too.

also snagged from the photographer's FB


And my husband looked darn good, in his groomsman's garb.




The reception was lovely, from what I've seen.  I think most of it was DIY, like the bouquet.  




They rented the tables and chairs and such, but did all of the decorating and set up themselves.  The use of the river house was a gift from her father's friends, the liquor for the open bar was apparently a gift from their boss (they work in different restaurants, but they're owned by the same guy), and the catering was done at a discount by friends of theirs from work.



Congratulations, you two.  :)  I was fighting not to cry when watching this video, because I wasn't there.  Pictures like this one kinda made me tear up, too.



They leave on their honeymoon --a cruise to Alaska--on Monday.

I'm still stalking the photographer on FB, waiting for the rest of her pictures, so I can torture myself some more.  (Sam is stalking her FB, her website, and her blog, so I don't feel too bad.) 





2 comments:

  1. Awwww! Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said! I really wish you and the girls had been there, but such is life. And with our stalking powers combined, we will get that photographer to post pictures yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bouquet is fantastic! serious props! i wanna learn! :)

    ReplyDelete